I love before and afters, I hope you do, too! Here is one that shows one way to get a soft, slightly hazy look for your photos.
Here is the original, SOOC image:
Here are the steps:
1. I created a Curves layer and made the below adjustment to the RGB curve. This gave the photo a lighter and hazy look:
2. Using the same Curves layer, I selected the Red channel and made the following adjustment to add some red to the photo:
3. Then I chose the Blue curve to add some yellow (blue is the opposite of yellow):
4. Finally (still on the same curves layer) I adjusted the Green curve to add a touch of magenta (green is the opposite of magenta):
5. Next I added a second Curves layer to further brighten the photo. I made the following adjustment:
Now the photo looks like this:
6. The last thing I did was to add a texture. I used a texture from Shadowhouse Creations called Used Canvas 4.
If you don’t know how to add a texture, choose File->Place from the menu. Open the texture you want to use when the dialog box opens. Stretch the texture so it covers your entire image.
Hit ‘Enter’ after it’s stretched. Your image is now covered with the texture.
And here is the after!
That’s it, so easy. Thanks so much for stopping by!! I appreciate you being here!